Organized on April 19, 1844 as the Presbyterian Church of Williamsburgh, Old School. Original church structure was finished in May, 1846.1
Located at the southeast corner of Stagg Street and Leonard Street, on the present-day site of Williamsburg Houses. Date of demolition is not known.
Ross Street Presbyterian Church was founded in 1864 by members of the South Third Street Presbyterian Church. Early supporters included Sylvester M. Beard, Eli Beard and Halsey Fitch.
Brooklyn's oldest known mosque, and possibly the first mosque established in New York City, is located on Power Street.
Congregation founded in 1894, and moved to this location in 1902. The church building has been altered, with a new, larger, narthex added and modifications made to the design of steeple and front facade.
The First Baptist Church, Greenpoint, was organized in 1847. At that time there "about thirteen Baptists living in Greenpoint", who organized a church with 9 members in the old Origen house on Franklin Avenue. "Rev. Mr. Jones and others supplied the pulpit" from 1847 to 1849. In 1849, the church erected a small structure at the corner of Leonard and Calyer Streets with a capacity of 100 worshippers. Mr. Peter Boyce officiated from 1851 to 1855, and was ordained in February of 1855. During this time, the first chaurch was enlarged. After a series of ministers, Rev.
The First Fresbyterian Church, in South Fourth street, corner of Sixth — This church was organized in May 1842, and consisted of fifteen members. It was, as its name imports, the first Presbyterian church established in this city, and has received since its organization, two hundred and eighty-two members.1
Bushwick Central Methodist Episcopal Church (originally Bushwick Avenue M.E. Church, now Bushwick United M.E. Church) is a Romanesque Revival style brick and terra cotta church built in 1887, designed by George W. Kramer. Contructed in 1901, the existing structure replaced an earlier frame church that was constructed in 1887 (W. J. Browne, architect). DOB records indicate that the existing structure is an alteration, however the former church was completely replaced.