Fourth church of the Sands Street Methodist Episcopal Church, the oldest Methodist Episcopal congregation in Kings County. Originally constructed in 1844, the building burned in the great fire of 1848 and was rebuilt in the following year.1
The site of the church is now Cadman Plaza Park, just south of the offramp from the Brooklyn Bridge to Cadman Plaza West.
- 1Henry Reed Stiles, A History of the City of Brooklyn : Including the Old Town and Village of Brooklyn, the Town of Bushwick, and the Village and City of Williamsburgh, vol. 3, 3 vols. (Brooklyn, N.Y.: Pub. by subscription, 1867), 703.