St. Patrick's R. C. Church, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn

St. Patrick parish was founded in 1849 as St. Patrick Church Mission to serve Ft. Hamilton area, making it one of the oldest parishes in Brooklyn (although at the time of its founding, Bay Ridge was part of the separate town of New Utrecht, not the town of Brooklyn). The church was the Catholic parish of soldiers stationed at Ft. Hamilton. The first St. Patrick church at Fort Hamilton was dedicated in 1852. The cornerstone for the current chuch was laid on October 11, 1925 and the church was dedicated by Bishop Molloy on December 12, 1926.1

Year
1925
Address

9511 Fourth Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209
United States

Architect