New Entries
Constructed as the boiler house for J. Kayser & Co., manufacturer of silk goods and underwear. The building was a single story, but 85' tall. Kayser's factory was located on this block and on the block to the east. W.L. Fleisher & Co.
Rev. Father Emil Strenski.
reference: Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide, 11 January 1919 (v. 103, no. 2), 61.
Located at the southeast corner of Stagg Street and Leonard Street, on the present-day site of Williamsburg Houses. Date of demolition is not known.
Building record source: Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide, (v. 21, no. 523) 23 March 1878.
Two buildings fronting on Graham Avenue appear to be of the same design.
Constructed as the Bedford Avenue Theater in 1891, renamed Empire Theater in 1893.
The Hotel Boswyck (later Hotel Andrews) was located at the northeast corner of Bedford Avenue and South 5th Street. The building was demolished as part of the construction of the Williamsburg Bridge and the site is now occupied by a smaller building, constructed circa 1910.
Pagination
- Previous page
- Page 13
- Next page