St. Patrick's R. C. Church, Bay Ridge

St. Patrick parish was founded in 1849 as St. Patrick Church Mission to serve Ft. Hamilton area, making it one of the oldest parishes in Brooklyn (although at the time of its founding, Bay Ridge was part of the separate town of New Utrecht, not the town of Brooklyn). The church was the Catholic parish of soldiers stationed at Ft. Hamilton. The first St. Patrick church at Fort Hamilton was dedicated in 1852.

St. Johannes German Evangelical Lutheran

St. Johannes German Evangelical Lutheran (now St. John the Evangelist) Church was founded in 1844 as what appears to be a non-denominational protestant congregation of German-speaking worshippers. At the time, German immigrants were just beginning to arrive in large numbers to the town of Williamsburgh. From 1844 to 1854 the church was located on the corner of Wyckoff (now Ten Eyck) Street and Graham Avenue. The congregation was a mix of Reform, Evangelical and Lutheran congregants and was known as the "German Evangelical Congregation".

St. Peter Lutheran Church

"St. Peter's German Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized in 1868 to serve German families in the Bedford area of Brooklyn. The society met for a year on Bedford Avenue, near DeKalb Avenue, before moving in 1869 to the former Puritan Baptist Church on DeKalb Avenue at Walworth Street. On May 13, 1888, the congregation opened their present church, a Gothic Revival building that could accomodate 1,000 persons and cost $70,000. The tower contains a chime of 11 bells cast by Meneely & Co. of Troy, NY, in 1910.