William Higginson
- 275 Classon Avenue (1919)
- Julius Kayser & Co. (1913)
- Read more about William Higginson
- Log in to post comments
The Gold Theatre, which has recently been opened for vaudeville on the northwest [sic] corner of Broadway and Varet street, Brooklyn, has a seating capacity of 1,000. Erected on a plot 69x100x62, the building has two balconies and an interior finished in a modern French Renaissance style of architecture, richly decorated. The predominating colors are green and gold. Statuary groups top out the boxes and proscenium opening.
Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide, v. 85, no. 2190 (March 5, 1910), 488.
Parish was separated from St. Stanislaus Kostka's parish in 1909 as a separate Polish parish for Williamsburg. Prior to the erection of the church, mass was held at McCaddin Memorial Hall. The cornerstone of the church was laid on May 9, 19101.