Catholic services were first held in Southold in 1863. Prior to that, the nearest Catholic parish was St. Andrew's in Sag Harbor. The first church was a converted school on what is now Route 25. Originally there was to be a school on the property as well. The cornerstone of the present St.
New Entries
Person
Partnership of Patrick C. Keely and his son-in-law, Thomas Houghton. Active as a firm in the 1890s through Keely's death in August, 1896.
Building
St. Camillus parish was established as a mission in 1909; parishioners attended St. Rose of Lima until 1912. Existing building may be an alteration to an earlier structure.
Building
St. Virgilius parish was founded in 1922. Now merged with St. Camilius parish in Rockaway.
Building
Person
Building
Top floor removed ca. 1960. Source: Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide, v. 21, no. 532 (May 25, 1878), 467.
Pagination
- Previous page
- Page 27
- Next page